Thursday, June 12, 2008

had to scrap the jacket!

It was just TOO frustrating! I couldn't iron in any creases, I had to sew all the seams flat, and I just gave up. I don't have all that much time, and I'd rather work with a fabric that lends itself better to a project like this. I did save my lining, and still plan to make this. The Hikaru pattern is really cute.

So I'll leave you with a photo of my small Japanese Maple tree collection on a fine day in late spring:

Sunday, June 1, 2008

wip - Burda Style Hikaru jacket

I'm making this in a brown water repellent shell that I purchased at the same time as some softshell. I didn't know what it would be like. It is 2-layer, one an impervious membrane, so it has to be lined. I chose a pink, cream and brown stripe cotton for the lining.

This fabric is really hard to work with and can't be ironed. I got burned out after only a short time. =/

Sew U skirt in Amy Butler fabric

Amy Butler Lotus Tunic v.2 all done

I am not very good at pressing clothes! eeek.