Thursday, August 27, 2009

Simplicity 2593 - done...

At least the first reincarnation is done. In pink seersucker.

Next time around, I'll lengthen the top just a bit, and make the version with fancy sleeves. Mainly, after weeks of not sewing or crafting I just needed to make something.

Wedding shrug

The wedding may be over, but the usefulness of this garment isn't (at least until summer is gone).

I made this shrug from Liberty Lawn fabric (such a splurge, but so worth it), and it ended up matching my bouquet. The lining is Egyptian cotton; I cobbled some scraps together that I had leftover from the 2nd tunic dress I made.

I used the Amy Butler Lotus Tunic pattern (I chose this one because after tweaking the pattern it fits well and close to the body), but changed the front. I combined the two front panels and redrew my own front, which brought the front piece up to the shoulder/neck.

And the shrug in action:

Friday, August 7, 2009

Wedding bouquet ruffle cuff

I got this idea from an old issue of Martha Stewart Weddings.

And here it is in execution by me:

I made my bouquet and my maid of honor's bouquet for $20 by buying two live hydrangea plants (so I can plant them now) and cutting off the blossoms. I taped the stems up with floral tape, slid my ruffle cuff over and tied some ribbon on there and voila!

Thank you to D.Ticonderoga for the pic!