Monday, November 3, 2008

A craft fair and a crafting

Sunday, we went to the You Bazaar. It was my first nouveau craft fair, and although it was small (29-30 vendors), I liked that there wasn't an overwhelming number of visitors.

I picked up two zippered pouch kits from "Blissful" (check out her etsy shop).
It comes in a plastic pouch with some cut fabric, a zipper and some interfacing - oh and some instructions.


I did have a little issue with the instructions. They weren't easy for me to follow, and the photocopied pictures had been copied too many times to provide any assistance. I might suggest that Blissful try diagrams instead. I'm not trying to be too hard either - I like making things myself and she was one of the few vendors that had kits to do so. (Thank you.)

So what did I do? I disregarded the instructions and did my own thing. I added piping and a beaded pull to the zipper.

4 comments:

Dixon said...

"Noveau craft fair," that's a great way of putting it. When we ran into my friend at the coffee shop, and told her there was a craft fair; I knew I wasn't really doing it justice. I'm sure she was picturing Christmas ornaments (well those were there, but a lot hipper), doilies, and maybe wooden signs with slogans that say "Put your big girl panties on and deal with it." Which works for some people, but this is a lot cooler.

Shoot about the bag instructions, it still looks great, and I adore that fabric!

(total side, my word verification is "flann." MMMMmmmm)

Wahoo said...

That is a cute little pouch; I thought the whole kit idea was fun and an excellent idea (well, since I bought a kit too, and it was the only thing I bought, that's an indication!). My kit hopefully will be Wahoo-level [that is, EEZY].

Dixon, I forgot to mention-- when I commented on your Halloween costume, my verification was "scuthe" as in, 'scuthe me! I did something bad!!'

Today here, it is 'calogic' as in, the California ballot measures have much 'calogic' to them. Yup.

Christy said...

Cute pouch! I love the fabric. Was looking at your older posts and like your fruit as well.

Groovy Cavy said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE the pouch!!!
(This is Evan's girlfriend, Sandy, by the way.) ;)