Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wedding shrug

The wedding may be over, but the usefulness of this garment isn't (at least until summer is gone).

I made this shrug from Liberty Lawn fabric (such a splurge, but so worth it), and it ended up matching my bouquet. The lining is Egyptian cotton; I cobbled some scraps together that I had leftover from the 2nd tunic dress I made.

I used the Amy Butler Lotus Tunic pattern (I chose this one because after tweaking the pattern it fits well and close to the body), but changed the front. I combined the two front panels and redrew my own front, which brought the front piece up to the shoulder/neck.

And the shrug in action:


Dixon said...

You and the shrug looked great!

Wahoo said...

So pretty! Plus the bouquet and dress too.