Saturday, April 2, 2011

Magic Pattern Slip-Over Apron

I have a fabric stash. I don't always have a lot of time. I always have a need to make things and keep busy.



When I saw this pattern while leafing through the spring 2010 issue of Stitch magazine, I knew it was something I could whip-up and use. I actually made two! The pattern is originally from a 1929 magazine and is made from a square piece of fabric. It's a good project for that fabric you *like* but don't *love* because that means you'll actually use it and not preserve it.



If you really felt motivated you would make your own bias tape - but like I said, I wanted something now and luckily found 5 yards for each apron of pink bias amongst my scraps.

17 comments:

Dixon said...

I *love* that it is a reprinted old pattern. It looks great too!

Carmen Wilson said...

Where can I buy this pattern?

Unknown said...

Where can I get the pattern? It's very cute.

Unknown said...

Where can I get the pattern? It's very cute.

Benita said...

Where can we find this pattern I remember seeing one like it [apron] at my grannies now I want one of my own! Thank You

Benita said...

Where can we find this pattern I remember seeing one like it [apron] at my grannies now I want one of my own! Thank You

Unknown said...

A perfect pattern! Please, where can I get this pattern to make for myself? Thank you! Faith ✂️��

marshabo said...

You can buy a digital copy of this magazine at: https://www.interweave.com/store/stitch-spring-2010-digital

Unknown said...

Wish you would have posted a pic of the pattern from that magazine so we could print and make too

BusyBelle said...

This is a link to the original instructions. It seems there isn't a pattern. https://amybarickman.com/download/VNSample.03.pdf

alice g said...

@ BusyBelle ~ Thank You So much for the link to the instructions for making this apron!

Bonnie said...

Indygo Junction has created a pattern for this apron, Ooh La La Apron. It is on there website

Chelin said...

Indygo Junction does have this pattern for like $15.00. However, Amy Barickman has the original vintage pattern for $2.99. This is the link. https://amybarickman.com/shop/slipover-apron/

Caroline said...

I checked her website and found the “pattern” under menu. It is a digital product. No pattern pieces. Thus the low price.

bells said...

Are you willing to share or sell this patter?

Unknown said...

Check out wesewretro.com

Unknown said...

I hate it when people show stuff like this & pattern seems to be inaccessible